There are a lot of different diets out there, and it can be hard to decide which one is the best for you. After all, we are all different. Some prefer the other while others are not. So, which is better for you? Well, it depends on what you're looking for. Having some research is one of the best ways to plan your fitness goals.
What is Intermittent Fasting?
Intermittent fasting is a type of diet that involves eating in a restricted window of time each day, followed by a period of fasting.
The most common Intermittent Fasting is the 16/8 Method.
It is also called the 16/8 diet plan and it is one of the easiest and most sustainable ways to improve your health and lose weight.
Why follow the 16/8 Intermittent Fasting Method?
There are a lot of different ways to eat, and it can be hard to decide what is best for you. But there is one type of eating that is perfect for people who want to lose weight and improve their health- 16/8 Intermittent fasting might be the best answer for you.
The 16/8 intermittent fasting has been widely accepted because of its impressive results in transforming the body. Although this fasting plan does not specify which kind of food you should eat, junk foods should be avoided. It is also advisable and beneficial to focus on healthy eating choices such as fruits, vegetables, and protein. It is highly recommended to break your fast by combining carbohydrates, fats, and proteins.
While following this diet plan you are required to fast 16 hours a day and consume all of your calories in the remaining 8 hours of the day.
Following the 16/8 intermittent fasting method, you will achieve mental clarity and a heightened ability to deliver peak performance during workout hours.
You will also feel more active as your testosterone levels rise; but, due to the quick surge in insulin, you should proceed with caution while breaking your fast. As a result, eating at lunch is not recommended because it will make you sleepy and sluggish.
The 16/8 intermittent fasting helps you become more disciplined about what you should and should not consume, which leads to and enhances a healthier lifestyle.
Important Reminders If You Want To Consider The 16/8 Method
- It is always best to avoid fast foods, highly-processed foods, and foods with high sugar content because you will be at a greater risk of gaining weight and the same time you will have poor damaged health.
- If you practice 16/8 intermittent fasting, you should always drink enough water throughout the day, and eating whole meals high in fiber is obviously recommended.
- To assist you to get ready for a successful trip and select the correct plan and eating window that suit your lifestyle, I would also advise speaking with your doctor. This will help ensure your long-term success in the perfect health you desired.
- While many people benefit from intermittent fasting, some are more prone to adverse effects than others. Of course, experiencing a little hunger and a minor drop in energy is both possible and expected.
- Even if you enjoy the option of intermittent fasting, you would still need to maintain a calorie deficit in order to lose weight in a healthy way.
Why follow the OMAD Diet?
This is another well-known diet plan the One Meal A Day or also known as the OMAD Diet. This meal plan is an extreme version of a 16/8 intermittent fasting diet plan and it is quite intense. Although it is incredibly efficient at helping individuals lose weight, for some people it is very tough to follow and maintain.
The idea behind this diet is that by eating only one meal a day, you'll be able to lose weight and improve your health in a relatively short period of time. Of course, this sounds great on paper. But does it really work? Is the OMAD diet a good choice for you? Keep reading to learn why you should or should not follow this diet.
Following this dieting method, you can only have one meal per day as its name suggests. This meal should have all the nutritional and caloric requirements. OMAD diet allows you to consume any number of calories, however, it’s always recommended that you choose healthier food sources while consuming those calories.
The OMAD diet can take your mental clarity into a much higher dimension, unlike 16/8 intermittent fasting, eating during this lunchtime period will not negatively impact your performance instead it would allow you to have the best performance throughout the entire day.
How does OMAD diet works?
The idea behind is simple, eat just one meal a day. That's it! For the rest of the day, you will fast. That means you don't eat or drink except water.
However, there are some important things to note before considering this diet plan. Here are some reminders:
- Consult with a healthcare professional: The OMAD diet may not be appropriate for everyone, and it is important to speak with a healthcare professional or registered dietitian before starting any new diet or exercise program. They can help you to determine whether the OMAD diet is safe and appropriate for you based on your individual needs and medical history.
- Consider your lifestyle and daily routine: The OMAD diet may not be practical or sustainable for everyone, especially for those with busy schedules or who have social obligations that involve food. It may be challenging to abstain from food and drinks (other than water) for 23 hours per day, and you may need to make significant changes to your daily routine to accommodate the diet.
- Be prepared for potential side effects: Some people may experience negative side effects while following the OMAD diet, such as hunger, fatigue, low energy, and difficulty concentrating. It is important to be aware of these potential side effects and to pay attention to your physical and emotional well-being while following the diet.
- Consider the long-term sustainability: The OMAD diet may not be a sustainable or healthy long-term approach for weight loss or improved health. It is important to consider whether the diet is realistic and sustainable for your lifestyle and to have a plan in place for maintaining your results after you stop following the diet.
- Monitor your nutrient intake: Because you will be getting most of your nutrients from one meal per day, it is important to choose nutrient-dense foods and to be mindful of your overall nutrient intake. A registered dietitian can help you to plan a balanced diet that meets your individual needs.
To Wrap Up
Although it's not as weird or harmful as you would believe, eating only once a day isn't for everyone. Don't force yourself into something that will only bring harm instead of being healthy.
It is always best to consider your health before anything else. If you are experiencing severe side effects on your diet plan, it is best to stop and consult with your doctor.
To learn more about losing weight, click the link below and subscribe to our channel for more updates and hot topics.